This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dining out....

I have gone out with friends or office mates for lunch or dinner but have not posted anything about it. So I will just list the different places I have gone out if I can remember it all.

There are no pictures as I usually forget and would remember it halfway and I don't like taking pictures of food I have half consumed.

C and I went for dinner at Niche which is just down half a block from my office so we just walked there. We decided to eat in the patio as it was such a nice day. I can't remember if we ordered appetizer but I think we did not as we wanted to have dessert.

I ordered the beef cheeks which is beef stroganoff. Nothing special about it except it costs $26.00. I do not mind paying that price but it was just regular stroganoff. There was nothing served with it, no garlic bread or a small side salad. C ordered lobster risotto and it was nothing special and that was $27.00. So we were there having conversation of how expensive it was and not much to say about the meal. We decided to have this chocolate dessert that was made of chocolate, the vesssel which was in the shape of a cup with chocolate mouse inside it and fruits on top. They pour some brandy or something and lit it and the chocolate cup started to melt. Since we were outside you can't even see the flame although when C took a video of it, you can a bit of the flame.

We will not go back to this one, although according to an advert in one of the magazines, it is supposed to be one of the top 20 restaurants in Canada. Really??

Next, some ladies at work and I went to Earl's for lunch. I ordered the dynamite crab roll and it was really good and at only $11.00. The others ordered lobster roll which was also good but was hard to eat. Then 2 of the ladies ordered dessert, chocolate concoction and I guess, that it was good.

One day, I forgot my lunch and I went to Central Social Hall which is on the main floor of our building. I know a lot of the staff there and since they have changed their lunch menu, I asked what is good and was told the fish tacos were really good. So I ordered it, and it was delicious. There was also anothertime when I forgot lunch and ordered mushroom salad with fried polenta and that was really good and reasonable price as well.

This will be it for now, I will do another review next time. I still have 2 places I have been to which I have not done a review.

Enjoy the rest of the week and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment