This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, July 1, 2013

Does this mean?...

It is early morning and I can't seem to get to sleep. It is July 1, Canada Day. While lying in bed, it just occured to me that the saddest day of my life has come and gone and I did not realize it until now.

June 29 is that day. My nephew had passed away and usually it will just come to me automatically. For some reason, I did not remember it nor it came to me. Does this mean, that finally the healing and closure has come to me? I feel that I have finally accepted it and I had moved on.

It is not that I don't think of him, it is that feeling of not being so sad anymore. It is knowing that he is at peace and I believe that. While I was at my sister's place in May, we started to talk about opening a box containing his stuff. We were going to do it and then we just forgot. I even asked my sister. will the contents of the box make us cry?

I have a picture of him with me taken when I visited them in Toronto and I have that on my night table. I only had put it there this year and I don't cry now when I look at it. Sometimes, I think of what he would be like if he were alive and what he would be doing. At times I think of all the electronic gadgets and wonder if he would have bought them. But most times, I look at the picture and feel at peace. So I guess time has finally healed this wound.

Gino, we will remember you always as you are in our hearts.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment