This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dinner out with a friend.....

Every few weeks when we both have free Friday night, C and I go out to dinner and it has been our way of connecting and chatting of what has gone on in our lives.

When we go out, we always look for and try new places to eat and this time we went to Smokehouse BBQ which was closed because of fire when we went to try it a few weeks ago. This last Friday, they had reopened.

The place was clean and decorated simply. The menu has all kinds of smoked meat. C tried the Works which is a sandwich made with all kinds of smoked meat, pork, beef and chicken. It was presented well and it had the deep fried pickle on top of the bun. I tried the smoked chicken wings with just salt and pepper. There are 4 different sauces you can pick.

The service was good and as usual we always have dessert and this time it was presented in a very different way. We had lemon pie in a jar.


This was real lemony and you can taste the lemon rind.
I will go back to this place.

1 comment:

  1. I once had coffee crisp panna cotta in a mason jar. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete