This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Thursday, May 30, 2013

Back from vacation....

I just got back this afternoon. And I am glad to be home after the annoying incident at San Francisco airport with United Airlines.

Usually I don't get annoyed with airlines and I have only complained twice and got results with Air Canada.

But today, I was checking in at United at Terminal 3 and I noticed that gate 35 is in Terminal 1 so I took the shuttle to go to 1 and after getting to gate 35, it was announced that there was gate change and now it will be gate 70 which is in Terminal 3 so I took the shuttle back to 3. When I looked at the departures board, it says there gate 77B.

Finally, I asked the agent if it was 70 or 77B and she replied she did not know yet but there is gate change for sure. A while later there was an announcement that it was gate 70.

Now you can do pre check in on line and they issue a boarding pass. You still have to check in your baggage and there have to do another check in and you have to print your boarding pass. So what is the point of doing it online 24 hours before a flight. And then once in the gate, you have to get your boarding pass checked to get the DOC OK stamp.

Oh, the hassles of travelling after 911. And to top it off, we had to get up really early to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight. At least I do not have to do it again until before Christmas which is worst because of it being the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment