This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Friday, May 17, 2013

Famoso pizza.....

This is supposedly one of the best pizza places in Edmonton. There was a lot of buzz when it opened and I guess they lived up to that reputation.

So tonight, some of us friends and a family member decided to order as they were saying as well that is what they all heard about this place. So we ordered their pepperoni and roasted mushroom with additional smoked mozarella, capriciosa which has artichokes, Italian ham, olives, mushroom and something else and an order of mozza balls. We only had to wait 10 minutes and order was ready.

So we went to pick pizza and one opened the box and it smells good. When we got home, we got ready to eat and each took a piece and one mozza ball. When we started eating the center part, a big part of the pizza was so dought, it was not even edible. Everyone complained how bad it was and we also started to watch a movie on demand and nobody was watching the movie as we were all busy complaining and givine comments of how bad it was and it was the worst pizza ever.

I have taken pictures to capture but it did not do it justice.

That is the top of the box...which says what you can see there. Well, this one did not last long as it went to the garbage right away after we took photos.
 

That was the first were two people took slices and this was moved to a pie pan to see if we could get it in the oven to save it so we could eat it. But everyone decided it was not worth saving.
 

This is the other pizza where I took my one slice and it went to the garbage like this. The only edible part was the 1 1/2 inch of the edge. They were supposed to be thin so you would think it would be cooked and not like raw dough.
This was my plate with just the edge eaten and the topping.
Most of the other plates were almost the same maybe a bit worse as they just left most of it uneaten. It was not even worth it to drive back to return and show them.
 
I was so upset that we talked of doing reviews on Yelp, Urban Spoon and all the other on line review sites but I was thinking they, the management would not see it.
So I called them up and complained and told them I do not want anything from them but that I did not want any other customers to have the same experience. The manager asked for my name and I gave it to her and she told me there will be a certificate waiting for me there. I can tell you now, that certificate will remain unclaimed and that would be my last and I will never ever ever (just like that Taylor Swift song) go back there. And all of us have said when we hear about that place again, we will mention our experience. The worst so far and I have been to a lot of restaurants here and abroad and my gosh that was on the top of the list of the worst ones.
Two thumbs down.


1 comment:

  1. You should or someone you were with should write a Yelp review. I rely on Yelp a lot when researching restaurants so I think it will be a great warning to those who are thinking of checking this pizza place out.

    Doughy, uncooked pizza is not good...ever.

    ReplyDelete