This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baking and cooking......

For quite a while I have been baking and forgetting to take pictures. I found it hard to blog about baking/cooking when I do not pictures to go with it. I have also been trying same recipes but refining or adjusting it to my personal taste preference.

I have tried so many corn bread recipes and now I think I may have found the one I like but then again when I was at Smokehouse BBQ and had their bacon/jalapeno shortbread, I now want to find something like it. It was really good.

I don't like cilantro and I love Mexican and Vietnamese food. It is hard to request not to have cilantro in their salsa as it is prepared with it. The Vietnamese restaurant we go to all the time has been very accommodating and will omit cilantro when I ask not to have it in anything I order.

Today I am trying yet again another banana bread/muffin recipe. This is the only way to use my over ripe bananas.

Chewy peanut butter cookies
 
Pineapple/orange chiffon cake....I had a hard time cutting it as it was so soft and moist and not too sweet
 
Spaghetti a la carbonara....I made this after that disastrous carbonara my grand nephew ordered at an Italian restaurant and this was a lot better, I put a little bit more bacon.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment