This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, April 15, 2012

Annoying pigeons....

For whatever reason, the pigeon problem in the downtown area is getting really bad. I have tried all kinds of ways trying to get those nasty creatures away from my balcony. I am almost to the point of getting a bb gun and start shooting.

I know the owl or any other kinds of animals do not work, now spraying of WD 40 and rice. I know we can't poison them but they are really becoming a nuisance. I know in my old place of work, the problem there is so bad that they must have done all kinds of ways to get rid of them/ The noise thing works for a while.

Today, they just keep resting on the ledge of my balcony so I finally opened my bedroom window about a foot wide and put my clock radio there and played the radio, quite loud I may add and they seem to stay away from my balcony.

So tomorrow before I go to work, I will do the same thing and see what happens. I have monitored it today and they came once so I cranked up the volume and I never saw them at all after that.

I don't care if the next door neighbour can hear the music, at least it was on a nice radio station and they play top 40 which is the kind of music that is a bit loud which is what I want.

1 comment:

  1. I googled "How to Get Rid of Pigeons from Balcony" and it's amazing how you can get a whole slew of methods from professional services to CD, WD-40, plastic birds and critters. If it's for me, I'd get a air pistol or slingshot.

    ReplyDelete