This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gardening....

Every summer I look forward to getting plants and do my balcony garden. I do not usually have flowers as I like to harvest after a month or so. I always have tomatoes and peppers and herbs and others if I can find plants that will do well in pots. This year I am trying different kinds of tomatoes.

I will take pictures every week to see how fast they grow. Also this year I am trying planting the no fuss, no pots way which I have seen in the UK.

So for all those who do not garden, this could be a way you can try and have fresh tomatoes for salads, or pasta sauce.


This is the Cherokee purple tomato, a first for me.


Basil, tarragon and rosemary. 


This is my new way, I bought the bag of potting soil and just cut an X on the bag and planted my plants. I have to be a bit careful when watering but hopefully it will work.
Those are roma, cherry and golden boy tomatoes.


My peppers, red, green and jalapeno.

Since my balcony faces south west, I get a lot of sun and I have to water in the morning and night as the soil dries up fast.

I hope they will do well, keeping my fingers crossed.



No comments:

Post a Comment