This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, May 15, 2011

The single life.....

A friend of mine and I were talking and the topic of conversation went to being single. I have been asked a few times if I get lonely. And usually my answer is no. I always say that to me there is a big difference between alone and lonely.


I actually like being on my own. I don't have to answer to anyone. I enjoy my privacy, I don't cook if I don't feel like it and just have leftover or a bowl of soup. I go anywhere at my own pace and time. I don't clean if I am a bit lazy. A friend once told me she is tired of being alone and lonely. As I see how she lives her life, I am not surprised. Once in a while I would call to ask her if she wants to go out and her usual answer is no. Yet she complains a lot. I don't think she has a lot of friends and lately I have not been in touch as I do not want to be responsible for her happiness.


I try to go out with a friend at least once a week and that is my choice. We either go to dinner and do a bit of shopping or go for a walk and have coffee or hot chocolate on our way home. A few times we just hang around at my place or their place and chat and experiment on making different cocktails.

Right now the close friend I go out with for dinner is on holiday in Ottawa. Another friend just got married and is moving to Rocky Mountain House.


I like to stay home especially if I have had a stressful week at work. Just like this past week. I slept in, had a bath and did some preparation for planting for next weekend. I keep busy and have no time to be lonely.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. I think my dad likes living on his own too.

    ReplyDelete