This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, May 21, 2011

Long weekend....what to do?

Finally an extra day to enjoy this weekend but what to do? A friend of mine and I were talking about to do this long weekend. We thought of driving somewhere but with forest fires all over the province, we decided to stay in the city and figure out what to do.

May long weekend usually is the start of planting season....people go to green houses to buy their starter plants. I always go the week after, as it is just way too crowded everywhere. I am trying a different way to plant this year. I will not be using pots but something else and if it works...I will post it. I know that it works as I had seen it somewhere else. I call it lazy way of planting and it is not too messy.

Now for what to do...we decided we will go out to dinner and try maybe the Lebanese restaurant close by because they have belly dancing ladies on Saturday nights. We will walk by the river valley and maybe stop by another restaurant which serves good desserts. Before all these, we are going to go window shopping but I am sure we will buy something. I would like to pass by my favorite bakery and get some fresh breads or pastries or to Duchess for croissants and tarts or macarons.

Sunday, I am going to try to make choco flan and another new recipe I have just seen online. So no matter what I will be busy.

The weather is like summer 25 degrees. The driving range across from my building has been very busy lately, the cricket court is being prepared and a lot of bikers/joggers on the promenade.


The driving range and the cricket court on the left as seen from my balcony.

Enjoy the long weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment