This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, May 14, 2011

What a long week.....

This past week was such a long week, a lot of stress and tension at work. I guess that happens when it is an all female staff. It got so bad on Thursday that I almost walked out of the office. Friday afternoon, I had a headache when I went home.

I decided to go to the bank, got some cash and went shopping. I did not really have anything in mind but I got good deal on toiletries. I had watched an episode of the show "Extreme Couponing" and was amazed at the amount of saving the men and women get doing or saving coupons. I don't know if the stores here do that. One lady shopped almost $1200.00  worth and after she gave her coupons, only paid $5.79. That was awesome!!!!

Anyway, I went to Rexall Drug and got all kinds of stuff and they were all on sale, which I think was great as well and also got Aeroplan points. Next on to Sobey's to get groceries and I have their coupon which they email to me. If I spend $35 or more I get 350 Aeroplan points. I spent $39.00 so in total I got 389 Aeroplan points. Much as I did not want to gas up because of the hike in prices, I had to and on to Esso I went, gassed up and got 45 more Aeroplan points.

I feel that this is my small way of "couponing" not that extreme but it makes me feel good, saved about 20% and added points to my Aeroplan account. I have enough points to go Business class to Asia or Europe twice....so whichever continent, I will be on my way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment