This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rewind, Reconnect and Reminisce

This will be a regular feature of my blog for a while since I had been reconnecting with friends, ex-boyfriends, relatives, past co-workers and schoolmates. Some were from 35 years ago and it is very interesting to find out what had happened to them, where they are now and what they are doing.

Rewind to 1960's somewhere in the Philippines where we all lived.The first I will feature are members of a family we were friends with since we were young children. Our parents and theirs were friends as well. We hung around each other's home and had dinners, celebrated birthdays together and played together.

They are the Geronimos, Mama Cely, Papa Luis, Chito, Awy, Lani and Alet. Sad to say but Papa Luis has passed on. We all lived in Muntinlupa.

We reconnected through a friend in San Francisco who also grew up with us. This happened after my mother died and they were told about it. Phone numbers were exhanged, calls were made and we started communicating.

Now we call regularly and reminisce. It is such a good feeling to be able to remember parts of my childhood through them and all the things we did. Mama Cely and Lani and her family live in Los Angeles, California and the rest of the family still  live in the Philippines. Hopefully soon, we will meet again. My sister had met them last year and had a great time.
                                                                     
                                                                                  
These pictures were taken in the late 60's and we can't remember what the occasion was.
I guess even then we were fashionistas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment