This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, June 8, 2013

Downtown farmer's market....

I thought the downtown farmer's market does not open until July but I was wrong. It had started the day before I left for my vacation.

So today, an officemate and I went to check it out. Since the city is doing a lot of road construction downtown the market had spilled into Jasper Avenue which is the main drag downtown. I was not expecting to see a lot of veggies but actually there was a lot fresh stuff.

I wanted to buy white baby potatoes as I am planning to have roast chicken tonight. They did not have the really baby ones so I ended up going to the grocery store close to where the market is and bought my baby potatoes.

I ended up buying a dozen coconut cookies and chunky chocolate with skor. Also, I bought fresh baked loaf. I did not bring my camera or cell so I don not have pictures.

While at the market, we realized it was Gay Pride day in Edmonton and the parade was just about ready to start but they are going through a different avenue so we did not bother to watch. I see enough of them in my building and they are friends of mine, so I hope they enjoy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment