This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Friday, June 7, 2013

Johnny Garlic's in San Jose...

Last time I was in San Jose, I wanted to try this restaurant owned by Guy Fieri of the Diners, Drive Ins and Dives fame on the Food Network.

But at that time, I believe it had just opened and a lot of people want to try it, so it was a bit busy and crowded. But this time we went for lunch with a friend of my sister and it was not busy at all. It was the Friday before the Memorial weekend.

We sat there and waited for her friend and we ordered Garlic potato chips. It was really garlicky with parmesan and finely chopped fresh garlic. It was really good but I did not have to worry about the garlic smell as we were shopping after that.

I was not really hungry so my sister and I shared sashimi wan tacos. It had sashimi grade ahi with mango jicama salsa and wasabi soy. It was really good.

Our friend ordered bison burger with garlic potato chips on the side. We all ordered iced tea with different flavours, I think mine was raspberry. I would go back here and try other stuff on their menu.
Service was really good.

Garlic potato chips
 
Sashimi Won Tacos


No comments:

Post a Comment