This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, June 2, 2013

Artichoke Festival....

After I landed at SFO, my sister told me we will be picking up her mother-in-law and go home to drop my suitcase and then we will be on our way to Castroville to go to the Artichoke Festival.

It was not a long drive and soon we were there and we had to park and get on the bus. The parking attendant told us not to miss the deep fried artichoke so we knew we had to have it.

As we go to the gate to pay the entrance fee, they asked if we were seniors 55 and over and we were never so excited to get a discount 50% off.

This is just like a fair or small exhibition where they not only have food vendors but also crafts and other displays.

Half way through we remembered to take a picture of the deep fried artichokes which were reall good, I could have eaten a second plate.
The spiral spud which was fresh and crispy and we sprinkled with different salt and spices.
One of the displays all made ot artichokes.
Bear made of artichokes
 
There was also a display of old classic cars.
 
It was enjoyable and it felt like being in Mexico as the community is where farm workers live and all you can hear is Mexican being spoken.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment