This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A very sad news.....

I posted an item about  weeks ago about a lady who celebrated her 100th birthday. It was a successful get together for friends and relatives. I was told there were more than 200 people who came to their open house to greet her.

I was able to talk to her and wish her Happy Birthday.

After a week, I heard she was in the hospital maybe from all the stress and excitement and some sad news she received. A nephew who attended her birhtday bash died and a month later, her brother died.

She also fell and broke her hip and had to have surgery. Sad to say, she did not really recover from that and she passed away on May 23, I believe.

I am just glad that she was able to reach her 100th birthday which she had been looking forward to for so long. I also know when she told me, the last time I visited that it was hard to be just waiting.
Now she is at peace and resting.  I believe she has now gone home. We will miss you, Wiwa.

 
 
Picture taken on her 100th birthday celebration.
 
She is a very religious and spiritual person so I think this song is appropriate to dedicate to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment