This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, June 3, 2013

Fruits.....Spices....

Every place I visit I always like to go into grocery stores to see what kind of food, fruits or spices I can see and buy. Most especially fruits I have not seen or tasted for a long time. I enjoy looking at fruit trees and always say I would like to steal them if I am walking close to them.

Thank God, I have relatives who have fruit trees where I can enjoy picking or they give me fruits I have not tasted.

Visiting my sister is the same, we go around stores and look for exciting stuff.

Cherimoya which is like sugar apple and sour sop and my sister refers to it as mutant. We found them a week before I was to leave and these were not ripe so we had to google how to ripen them faster and it says it needs sunny place. So here I was moving it from one sunny location to another even taking it outside. Lucky for me two days before I had to leave they were ripe and enjoyed them.
 
These are loquat and my cousin has a tree filled with fruits and I asked what they are and she brought a little bag filled with these fruits. I tried to eat as much as I only had a day to enjoy it, sadly you cannot take it with you.
 
I also bought spices...sweet paprika, Mexican vanilla, bay leaves, Badia complete seasoning and my cousin sent me Santa Maria seasoning.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment