This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, December 19, 2016

The Legacy of an Adopted Child - Part 5

As he reached his late teens. the problems got worse that sometimes I thought I know the police staff very well. I felt that even the home was running out of solutions to his problems. I never did have communication with him at this time. And I had told my former husband that I have prepared myself that one day the police would knock at my door and give me a really bad news. And about this time I was diagnosed with a very serious illness. So I was concerned for my health and his father was the one dealing with him and even he at this point was really getting frustrated.

When he was in his early twenties, it looked like he was improving that he called me and told me that he understood why I was so hard on him. At that point I felt a bit relieved that maybe things would work out for him. He had a job though he did not finish high school and he was still in French immersion. Things seems to be up and down and he still did not understand social consequences and still thinks he knows everything. When he speaks about his plans, they were so grand that sometimes I wonder if he has delusions of grandeur. He still has problems waking up and that is the usual reason why he would lose his jobs.

He has become so street smart that he could be evicted from the place he was staying, he has friends he could sleep for a few days and once he told us that one night he spent it at a Tim Horton's that was open 24 hours. His brother at one time saw him at a station of LRT. Once he called to wish me Happy Easter and Happy Birthday. There was a time, he was homeless and I had let him stay at my place but the lies and his attitude made it impossible to continue this arrangement and that was the start of the no communication. That was more than 3 years ago. By then he was around 27 or 28 years old.
It is also sad that he had unfriended his brother on Facebook. And this was also the time he was seriously involved with a girl and made his life start to go downhill again.





No comments:

Post a Comment