This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, September 12, 2016

Downtown Living

When we moved to Alberta from the North, we lived in a city which is just next to Edmonton. I used to drive to Edmonton for work and at first I did not mind it. In the winter time it was hard especially when we get a lot of snow. Then we moved to Edmonton and it was closer to work and most of jobs I had, I worked in the same building which is very convenient. I had a job I took and I could move downtown, which I did not really like at first. I thought about the noise, the homeless and all sorts of things. But it grew on me and I must admit I like the convenience of it. I can walk to the grocery store, pharmacy, theaters, my dentist, eye doctor and to work. There are restaurants, pubs, coffee shops and diners of all kinds of cuisines. Now I don't think I can go back to the suburbs.

Just last week when I was out for my walk I took again pictures of the different things I see.




That is the Provincial Legislature on the top, one of the fountains on the grounds and another big planter close to the government centre.


I remember this water feature on the Legislative grounds, a while back we would walk at lunch time in our flip flops and we will wade here and enjoy the cool water especially on a hot day.





No comments:

Post a Comment