This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, October 8, 2016

Pondering about Retirement

When I turned 50, I used to think about being close to retirement or wondering if I would retire early. But as I got closer to 60, I wondered if I should retire early and now that I am very close to retirement age, I am scared to retire because I think and feel that I will be bored.

At work they had asked me if I will retire and I had told them that I believe I will continue to work. If my health will dictate that I need to stop working then I will retire.

I know people who retired and now they are back in the workforce. Most of them say they got bored. And some are so busy after they retired, they are harder to catch than a pokemon. 

I thought of things I can do but it does not interest me. Yes I can volunteer, travel or just take it easy. With what is happening in the world now, it is a bit scary to travel but I still have a list of places I want to visit. For now, I feel that I still like to go to work even though at times I feel like...oh it would be nice to be retired. But that only lasts for a few days.




















No comments:

Post a Comment