This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lunch time.......

There were 3 staff members who left our office in the last two weeks. All three I worked with closely and all three I consider great workers.

Since I started, there have been a lot of staff who have left the company and it had been a tradition to take them out for lunch. I am in charge of our petty cash and so I am in charge of taking them out. It used to be I invite everyone.

But this time, the staff leaving just wanted a few people so it was almost like a covert operation. The first lunch was at a Malaysian restaurant. I have been going to Tropika for a long time and it has never disappointed me yet. There might be one or two dishes I do not like but most of the time, they are all good.

The second one we went to was buffet at New Asian Village which is Indian restaurant. I have East Indian friends and I have eaten a lot of Indian dishes but the selection here was not so good. I enjoyed the naan bread, lamb curry, and another stew like dish. I did not even like the tandoori chicken here.

Then we went to Trang Tien which is Vietnamese. It is always good here and the servings are very generous, sometimes I think it is too generous, most people can't finish them. I like the calamari here and beef hot plate.

I hope nobody leaves the company in the next while. I have gone to a lot of lunches. And with me trying to lose weight, it is not easy. They went again on Friday to another Vietnamese place where they only serve  pho and I did not even go, besides I had a report to finish that afternoon.

I hope you enjoyed the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment