This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chianti Restaurant...

On New Year's eve, I had my niece's children in Edmonton and we went to White Avenue. While there we decided to have dinner and since the kids were teens, there was only this restaurant where we could eat.

One of them ordered spaghetti a la carbonara. Before we got served, they had the usual bread and they were warm and good. When the carbonara was served, my nephew started to eat and then saw all these partly scrambled eggs and was wondering why it was like that.

So we asked the server and he told us that is how they do it, scramble the egg and add alfredo sauce and that is carbonara.

I have eaten carbonara a lot of times and in different restaurant and never did I get it with scrambled eggs. I have watched chefs on tv make it and it is not like that. Before I posted this, I also googled it and never saw one where there is pieces of scrambled eggs.

We should have taken a picture of it. To their credit, they asked if he wanted something else and he told them yes and they served him another pasta dish.

It was just a big disappointment and I almost ordered it myself. I am glad I changed my mind and ordered something else.

1 comment:

  1. That's just wrong. They cleared made the carbonara wrong. Yes, an egg is added but not so that it makes scrambled eggs. Good thing a new dish was ordered.

    ReplyDelete