This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sandy and aftermath.....

Before Sandy, there were a lot of activities in our building for charities. I always try to support them by buying hot dogs or baked goods or books. These always happen before Christmas and it is all for a good cause.

It is also gratifying to watch all the heroic things people do for others. As they say, it is during these times that you see the good in people. Watching the news, the worst of it is now almost over but the rebuilding is just starting.

They are lucky to be alive and as one person being interviewed said...they are material things and can be replaced. What a good attitude to have.

Now that it is close to Christmas, there will a lot more going on to try and get stuff for people who might not have anything for the holidays. Please let us all give generously.

 

I heard this song a while back and I think it is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment