This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Thursday, June 28, 2012

How time flies.....

He would have turned 31 this year. It is so sad that he would not experience a lot of things. Being in a relationship, getting married, being a father, the feeling of having a successful store, going to Las Vegas and attending wedding of his friend. I know he would have loved a return trip to England, going to more concerts and getting all the toys, maybe like kindle fire, latest version of Iphone and all kinds of video games. And most of all being with his family.

Four years ago June 29, he decided that maybe this is not all worth living for. Maybe he is right and is now in a safe place but then again maybe he did not really think of what it would be like for all of us he left behind. I realize and accept now that we will never know and I believe that as time goes on, it really never gets easier especially for his parents and his sister.

There are times when the thought of him just comes up and I wonder why after all these years, the hurt is still strong. I don't know if the saying time heals all wounds is true in this case. I know we will always love him and remember him with the fondest of memories. At times I could still hear his laughter and the way he did things.

The other day, I found one of his business cards and wondered if this was a sign of something. I thought maybe he thinks I have started to forget him, but that is not the case. A week ago I wore one of my earrings and remembered that he bought that particular pair when he was here on a visit and remembered well how he told me, he will choose two pairs and it would be his birthday present for me.

I hope that wherever he is, he knows and believes that he will always be in our hearts and that we miss you very much. Let me just say that you turned out to be such a good and decent human being and as your Tita I could not have been more proud. God Bless...

This was one of the songs played at his funeral. The song was sung by his brother-in-law Mike. I could not download it here and so just chose this one. Mike's version is so lovely, I have a cd of it and play it often.

1 comment:

  1. Up to this day, I still cannot listen to that song. I hope you are wearing the earring today.

    ReplyDelete