This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, June 24, 2012

What's cooking/baking

I have not posted about baking or cooking in a while. I always forget to take pictures and even if I had baked anything, I seem to remember about taking pictures after I had cut or eaten part of what I had baked or cooked.

Today was not a busy day so I decided to bake soft dinner rolls and I tried a new recipe and I am glad I did as it turned out very well.

For supper I cooked fish and chips and tried a new batter for the fish. Since I do not drink beer, I never have it on hand so I could not do a beer battered fish.

I just looked for a different recipe and found one that is crispy and good texture, so I might use it again.

Soft dinner rolls, very easy to make and very good recipe, a keeper.

Chocolate covered strawberries, I was doing something with chocolate and has a bit of leftover and I had bought thiese large berries so I just dip them in the chocolate, not as nice as I would want it to be but none the less, yummy.

I made this for myself on Mother's day as I did not want to go out, I was feeling lazy.

My indulgence for the month, I like trying new chips and when I find new or different ones, I always get them to try. The sweet Maui onion is good.

And of course I had to have the chips with my own concoction of strawberry margarita, I am getting really good at making this.


Enjoy the work week, I am feeling a bit better going to work now a days.


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I could smell those dinner rolls from here, hmmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sweet Maui Onion but I can never find it unless I am in the States. It's so yummy.

    Did you see I went to the Empanada Company? I blogged about it. You were asking me to check it out. It's realy good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Maui onion chips are available at Costco and in London Drugs here. There are two different brands now.

    Oh yes, those dinner rolls were so good. Jared ate 6 in one sitting. I am going to make them again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete