This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Saturday, August 19, 2017

Being diabetic

I have been diabetic for 30 years and have managed to control it by diet and two pills. All those years my blood sugar has been ok and on the normal level. On my last A1C test it went up ba a point which is really not good.

So now I am on strict diet and exercise regimen. I usually walk a lot - I walk to work and go home at lunch to add more steps on my fit bit. I also volunteered to do our banking which is walking 17 city blocks. Next week is my second month of doing it and I hope it is enough that I won't  be put on insulin.

I will have my next lab tests mid September. I hope by then I would have lost the weight since as diabetic we cant carry extra weight. I do 20,000 steps most days unless it is raining and lately we've  had thunderstorms. My highest has been 27,000 steps, more than 10 miles. Now when winter comes i might have to go down to our fitness room.

Here is my playlist when I'm walking which I have only done last few days. Before I always felt I will be listening and get engrossed by the music so I just did it while I'm walking along the park close to my building. But I only have put it on my one ear.









No comments:

Post a Comment