This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A Homeless Incident

A few days ago while I'm on my last few blocks of walking, I was asked by a person if I have spare  change. He did not look like a homeless person. He was not carrying anything. I told him I was just out for a walk and not carrying money.

He asked me if I am from the Philippines and I replied yes. Soon he told me he has not eaten in two days. I felt sorry for him and told him I  will buy him a meal at the 7 Eleven across the street. By the way, I always carry a debit card with me when I go for a walk, plus business card and my bus pass.

He then said that he wanted rice with meal and they sell them at an Asian grocery store too far away from where we were. I said that I  am sorry but I can't do that. He refused the free meal even though he has not eaten in two days. I'm just wondering whether he wanted the cash so he could buy something else.

I remember a friend of mine who told me that a homeless person asked her to buy him lunch so she said - I will get you burgers at Harvey's but the guy told her "No, I want to eat steak". OMG, what is happening to the world we live in. A homeless person getting too picky when asking for help. No wonder, people just ignore them and don't  bother to help.


I guess this song is appropriate  for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment