This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Family Day

Today is Family Day in some parts of Canada. In Alberta, it is celebrated today. I believe British Columbia celebrated it last Monday. And other provinces have some kind of holiday this month.

It is nice to have the long weekend and a break from the cold weather. I am celebrating it starting early my spring cleaning. Saturday I cleaned up my closet and took out clothes I have not worn in a year and donating it to charity as they are in very good condition. Then Sunday, I washed kitchen cupboards and reorganized them so it is easy to find things. I am trying to find my dough hook for weeks now and if I am not mistaken it fell behind the fridge, so tomorrow I will find out for sure. I want to bake bread and don't want to knead dough without my dough hook.

For dinner, we had spring rolls and curried beef. I also made mars bars square for dessert although I can only eat just a little square of it. I am doing paleo diet with a lady from work and it is helping me control my blood sugar which has been in the 5.4 to 5.8 range. This is metric for those who are wondering. 

Ok, I will now try to enjoy this extra day and hopefully find the dough hook so I can have fresh bread. I would also like to try to make Hawaiian buns which I love but can't get here. Enjoy the day with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment