This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Thursday, February 13, 2014

Good customer service

I work in a building which is owned by our company. So I know the tenants well. We have a restaurant/sports bar on the main floor. We often have lunch there. The food is good and the service has been very good. In the past few days, we have been there and two of our office mates have received bad service. One ordered the special of the day and when it came it was not cooked well and she had to return it as it was still pink or raw and you could get salmonella. It took a while to get the replacement and she wanted to take it back to the office, She was charged the regular price and not the special price. I was told about it and told her I will speak with the chef. After explaining, he was nice enough to give her a gift card for $25.00. I do not expect that, maybe just give her the special price as it was the kitchen's fault that the chicken was not cooked properly.

Today, it was a steak that was ordered medium rare and was rare, and one who ordered a chicken salad but no chicken. So I was there and witnessed it. I emailed the chef and he has not replied. I give credit where credit is due and I am a person who wants good service and in return will give more than standard tips. So I hate witnessing incidents like this. I will wait and see what the explanation would be. I am glad it has not happened to me personally. Or I will be posting and venting here. For now, I will not name the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment