This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, August 18, 2013

Too hot.....

I am lucky to be working in an office where the air conditioning works all the time and if there is any problem, I know it would be solved that day or the day after. When the weather gets too hot, it would be nice to have AC working.

In my building, my home the AC has not been working for weeks!!! And we have no clue as to when it will be repaired as the management keeps telling us that the parts are being ordered. On any given work day, I am out of my suite by 7:00am and I am off to work but this last Friday, I had to wait for delivery of something I had bought so I had to wait for it. The darn suite was so hot as I am facing south that I could understand the wrath that some residents are heaping on to the manager. I must add that she just surrendered her keys the Friday before and left.

Residents are leaving notes by the elevator and anyplace that they could vent their frustration. The insulting part I think is that when you come into the lobby, the AC there is working and it is comfortably cool there so the office staff are not suffering. Another thing is that they, the management is doing some cosmetic work outside of the building which is nice but not at the expense of the residents who are suffering inside.

So I bought two electric fans but it is not the same. So last Thursday I almost wanted to sleep in the balcony and if I had one of those loungers, I would have done so. Yesterday, it was a relief that it rained but did not last long and yes I am contemplating going to the store and buying one of those loungers as they are now on sale as summer is almost over.

Okay, enough of my venting. I am sweating just doing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment