This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, August 18, 2013

Plants.....

Over the long weekend a friend of mine called to ask if I wanted house plants. Her sister goes on vacation a lot since she has retired and did not want to worry about her plants so she is giving them away. So she picked me up that holiday Monday and we drove to get the plants.

The plants were big that I decided to only take two of them. They were both ficus plant and are tall and healthy. So we dragged them out and into her SUV. At leasetshe was prepared with blankets and rollers so it will be easy to transport it.

When we got to my building, I realized how tall the plants were and I was thinking it might really reach my ceiling. I sort of have an idea where to put it and at that time came to the realization that there is only one spot i can put it where it will look okay.



 
There that is how tall the plant is, there is only about 6 inches of clearance to the ceiling. The painting on the wall I bought in the Dominican Republic when my niece got married. The guy who helped me haggled for the good price passed away suddenly a month or so after we got back. I always think of him when I look at that painting.
 

 
That same weekend, C and I went to the farmers market and I bought this herb pot with basil, sage, chocolate mint and lavender hiding behind the sage. Since I did not plant anything this summer, this was a good buy for $10.00 as the pot alone I believe it is at least worth that.


No comments:

Post a Comment