This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, February 18, 2013

Another one gone....

Early tonight a friend from my building called and told me that a friend of mine had died of a massive heart attack. I have known him for almost 15 years.

He lived in my building when I started in property management. He was then using a cane and it progressed to him being in a wheelchair.

Since I have moved here, he has become a great friend. He gets me my Metro paper every morning before I go to work. We talked for 10 to 15 minutes before I would go down to the parkade. He would call me sweetheart and all kinds of endearing names. We had great laugh and we talked about everything, from my holidays, restaurants, the Oilers, business, my job and the residents of the building.

I am sure the residents will miss him. I saw him last on Saturday afternoon when I went down to get the flyers but did not talk to him as they were outside and I was wearing my flipflops and no jacket. Now I wish I had just gone out just to say hi.

I know tomorrow would be emotional when I go down to the lobby to check my mail and not see him where he sat beside the green leather chair which I would occupy when I come down for our usual chit chat.

Andy, Rest in Peace and God Bless You. I will miss you.

 
I am not sure what music he listens to but I think this song about friendship is a good one to dedicate to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment