This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, February 24, 2013

A memorial......

A day after our ambassador of goodwill, Andy passed away, I have only gone into our lobby the morning after I have found out that he had died.

I have been down to the lobby everyday after I have left my job here in the building. Last Tuesday, I went down as usual and when I was checking my mail box and glanced at the corner where he usually parked his wheelchair and found he was not there, it took a lot of self control not to cry.

As fast as I could, I went to the elevator and to the parkade. Now I have to get my Metro paper by myself in the afternoon when I go home.

That Tuesday afternoon, this is what I found in the corner of the lobby.

 
Residents have started to put a little memorial corner on the same spot where he parked his wheelchair. And they stop by and talked to whoever is there telling stories about Andy.
After two days....
 
Now there is also a book there where you can sign and tell your experience about him. There is his copy of Metro and a Werther's candy which he would give to his favourite residents.
I like our community. There are 250 suites here and he must know more than half of the residents.
And today, when I finally came down to the lobby, there were more flowers and cards and a lot more stories in the memorial book.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment