This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, October 1, 2017

Terror Attack

We watch terror attacks on tv and we are thankful that it has not happened where we live.....until Saturday night. I actually did not find out until early Sunday morning.

I was awakened by a phone call from a friend who has been calling me since Saturday night.  Actually I had 4 messages on my phone. They are friends who know that I walk every night on Jasper and the side streets of downtown.

The attack first happened on the north side of the city when a car hit a police car and a cop who was doing traffic duty outside the stadium where our football team was playing. The cop was thrown up in the air and was stabbed later.

Then the U Haul cargo van that drove through downtown and hit pedestrians. The cargo van overturned in front of our office building. The suspect was caught a block away from my building.  Lucky for me, I had gone for my walk earlier or I would have personally witnessed this.

Later Saturday night I have seen police cars on the intersection of Jasper Avenue and 109 Street and thought something happened in one of the bars. Sunday afternoon I was thinking of going for a walk and noticed very few people were on the streets. It was very windy and cold. I walked for a block or so and came back.

Now, maybe I should join a gym. There are 3 close to my place. It is getting colder and snow will be here soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment