This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, August 11, 2014

A new job.....

Today is an exciting day for me. I am starting a new job. It is the same type I have been doing for a while but with a different company. I left my previous company because of the unhealthy environment which I believe will not change.

It has become too toxic that while I was on medical leave I made the difficult decision of not going back so I gave my letter of resignation. While my doctor did not want me to be applying for a job, I still tried to just check on line to see what jobs are available. I sent a few resumes and got called in for a few interviews.

Just a week ago, I went for an interview and it felt good while I was there and the Vice President who I will be reporting to offered me the job and I am excited to start. It is close to where I live and I can walk to work although the company offered me free parking which I will take once the weather gets cooler. In the meantime I will walk the 14 blocks and I know I will enjoy it. It will be my daily exercise and it will be good for my diabetes. 

I will miss a few of my coworkers as there were a lot who have left while I was on medical leave so I don't really know or hardly know the remaining staff.

Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment