This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, March 28, 2011

Appreciate what we have.....

During the time I had taken a break from blogging, I had been doing a lot of complaining about the inconvenience of having had the surgery. There was a time when I felt regret about having it done.

Then two weeks ago, I found out that a good friend of mine who is legally blind in one eye and the other eye is also not good, had to have surgery. She was diagnosed with breast cancer, this was after she had gone through a different kind of cancer two years ago. She was lucky enough that they got all of it and she did not have to have any kind of treatment.

This time she will have to go through treatment, as they also found cancer in her lymph nodes. I hope she gets through this without a lot of complications.

I realized that whatever I have gone through does not compare to what she will have to deal with. I thought about how lucky I am compared to other people and that I should really appreciate what I have.

I have faced illness and survived or overcame it. Sometimes I feel that we do not see or realize the life we have is so good and we should just enjoy it.

She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment