This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Monday, February 7, 2011

Rewind, Reconnect, Reminisce

Rewind to 1970 in an all girl's college in Manila. Young ladies sitting outside the school lobby waiting for their next class. The topic of conversations could be where to go to eat lunch, what to do in the weekend and whatever was happening in someone else's love life.

The bell rings and we go up to our next class, Philosophy. The professor is a bit late and there is a policy that if a prof is late, students can leave after 15 minutes. Fifteen minutes after the hour, we start to leave and made sure we take the stairs on the Herran street side so we won't meet the prof on his way up to the room.

We were a group in the Psychology department and sometimes we were a wild bunch. There was 9 of us.
Wynna, the real smart one did not do a lot of the stuff which now, we would be embarrass to admit. Last year, one of ladies in the group was in California and for a real strange circumstance, I found out her sister is a good friend of my cousin. I called her and we had a chat and I found out Wynna is now the President of the college we went to, although it is now a coed university. We emailed each other and she invited me to attend the 100th anniversary of our college next January. Although we don't email regularly, I know I can always mail her any time. Wynna, congratulations on the new job which I believe is very rewarding for you and that you are doing a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment