This is a journal of what is happening in my life, things I want to do, places I want to visit or have just visited, new and old experiences/adventures, people I have met and who have made a difference in my life, thoughts, ideas and dreams.
My struggles, disappointments, failures and successes. This is my world, my life and you're welcome to share it.




Sunday, February 6, 2011

On the menu.......

These were some of the dishes on my menu the last few days. Just simple dishes cooked from what I have or bought to prepare for lunch or dinner.
A simple beef stir fry, easy and fast and light.

For fast weekend lunch...flatbread with leftover jerked chicken and mango salsa.

Roasted pork leg...it was bought cheap at Save-on-Foods and I just roasted it with Santa Maria seasoning and it turned out, crispy skin and meat was perfectly cooked....not dry.

The best way to use left over roast pork (lechon) is to make paksiw na lechon which tastes even better after a few days. Good served with just plain white rice.

Once in a while I get lazy on the weekend and this was what I had for lunch with gravy made from the drippings of the roast pork, yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment